10. It is October 23rd and 35 degrees out yet I refuse to wear a jacket outside just because it is only October 23rd. I'm not sure what this is proving or why I feel I have to smite the weather, when really I am the only one who suffers. But it's the principle, people, the principle.
9. My 6th grade teacher gave my mom a Halloween story I had written in her class. I read it aloud to my sophomores and they thought I had written it in high school. That right there has to be some proof that I was destined to be a writer, right? Although, in the "About Me" on the back of the book (which I'm pretty sure wasn't even part of the assignment) I wrote that I wanted to be a singer and an actress when I grew up.
8. Pumpkin spice everything is amazing. It's common knowledge. I will buy a $4.50 Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte with Skim at Starbucks once a week minimum. But the actual pumpkin spice itself is $5.99 for a tiny jar at Target. A price I refuse to pay. I'm realizing now how messed up my financial priorities are.
7. On the note of finances, I have saved exactly $127 for my trip to Ireland over spring break. This is a major accomplishment for me.
6. This is the first year I have a firm handle on my teaching and a mediocre grip on my classroom management. And it feels. so. good.
5. I am currently very obsessed with Mindy Kaling and devoured her autobiography in one day. I get these weird obsessions where I truly believe I am a kindred spirit with someone I don't even know. Her thoughts and actions are mirror images of my own. I've even thought about dedicating an entire blog entry to her but I feared it was too soon. It will happen. One day I will explain to you all the reasons why she is my kindred spirit and an amazing woman, but today is not that day.
4. I don't think I can watch another teenager take another selfie during class work time without throwing their phone at the window. I just can't.
3. I'm making myself write this list simply so I write something. I want to be a reflective person even on the days I don't feel like reflecting. Tonight was one of those nights. So I thought about what I make my students do when they don't feel like writing and I tell them to make a list instead. This is my not-really-in-the-mood-to-write list.
2. I'm very happy about the "relaunch" of my blog, but very sad that somehow a lot of my old blog pics went missing. Oh well, at least the words are still there.
1. Tomorrow I will wake up, and it will be Thursday. What a lovely thought.